The purpose of the Edina High School Parent Teacher Organization shall be to support and enhance the educational programs at Edina High School and to strengthen the relationship between home and school.
The EHS PTO is a group of parent volunteers interested in supporting the high school. We meet monthly throughout the school year to collaborate on improving our programs, supporting our teachers, and helping parents navigate their student's high school years. Your dues fund ongoing communication between school and parents, volunteer opportunities, hospitality for EHS staff, and fund Mini Grants to enhance the classroom experience.
- The PTO supports communication between the school and families. We create and manage the new online EHS Directory, the Parent Survival Book, and the Newsletters. The PTO continues to sponsor forums such as transitioning from middle school to high school and transitioning from high school to college.
- The PTO offers many opportunities for parents to volunteer. Be sure to indicate your interest on the PTO Membership form and/or reach out and let us know of your interest. Everyone is welcome to get involved whether it is volunteering at school events or attend PTO board meetings.
- The PTO provides hospitality for teachers and staff during conferences as well as hosts student functions each year.
- Finally, PTO dues fund Mini Grants. Staff and teachers request funds to enhance the students EHS experience.
PTO Job Openings:
COMMUNICATIONS CHAIRPERSON: The Communications Chairperson shall be responsible for all communications from the PTO to its members and to the greater school community.
- Provide PTO event information and other PTO news to the school for publication in the school newsletter.
- Maintain PTO Website.
- Maintain PTO social media accounts and regularly update members with event posts, pictures, and other news.
- As directed by the Executive Board, produce a PTO newsletter for communicating PTO news and events to PTO members.
*NOTE: The PTO Executive Board shall be comprised of the President, Treasurer, Secretary, Hospitality Chairperson, Membership Chairperson, Communications Chairperson, Grant Coordinator, and the Parent Leadership Council Representative.
PTO Meeting Dates
The meeting time is 8:00-9:30 a.m. for all of the dates below. The meetings are held in the Edina High School Community Room (#222) across from the Main Office. You can sign-in at the Main Office with your ID (Door 5).