Senior May Term
The Senior May Term experience allows 12th grade students to create and drive their personal learning outside the walls of Edina High School.
Senior May Term
May 25 - June 1, 2022
Presentations: June 2, 2022 from 1 - 2 p.m.
All projects will be guided by a leading question developed to enhance our society.
Students utilize critical thinking skills to connect their interest with two of the three areas of content: academic, community service, and/or career.Every senior has the opportunity to participate in this optional program by communicating their Senior May Term objectives through a thoughtfully detailed application. The Senior May Term Committee will review all applications and email students their status of approved, pending (2nd chance) or denied. Students will share their learning and reflections at a community open house at Edina High School.
Please connect through an email, email@example.com or by phone 952-848-3052.
Benefits of Senior May Term
- Personalized learning
- Enhance critical thinking skills
- Learn to connect academics with service and/or career
- Work independently
- Develop problem-solving skills
- Engage in a complex challenging task
- Generation of knowledge, reflection, and creation of product
Senior May Term Process
- Connect with a mentor and adviser
- Complete application
- Senior May Term committee review
- Application approval, pending or denied
- Travel and transportation forms turned in
- Digital portfolios created
- Experience: May 25 - June 1
- Presentations: June 2, 12-1 p.m.
Application and Resources
All materials are available in Schoology, Grade 12 course.
Senior May Term Advisor
March 17, 2022
SMT overview and application rollout
April 15, 2022
April 21, 2022
Pending application returned
April 28, 2022
Pending applications due
May 12, 2022
Mandatory meeting for all students doing May Term
May 19, 2022
Digital portfolios links due
May 25, 2022
SMT begins at 1 pm
June 1, 2022
June 2, 2022